Lactalis Ingredients 2019 CSR report unveiled
Lactalis Ingredients is proud to publish its 2019 social and environmental report. It demonstrates the commitment, the progress, and the many challenges – economic, environmental, and social – that the company faces daily, as well as its ability to project itself and anticipate the food challenges of the twenty-first century.
The main principles of the 2019 CSR report
Lactalis Ingredients is consistent with the strategic goals adopted by Lactalis Group, an approach based on authentic and genuine information. This reporting process was inspired by the reporting principles of the GRI (Global Reporting Initiative). For each issue, we have determined the company responsibility, the corresponding engagements, and initiatives, and indicators for progress.
A lasting approach structured by 3 founding pillars
3 pillars, divided into several stakes, compose the Lactalis Ingredients CSR strategy:
- Responsible for the planet
- Responsible and enjoyable nutrition
- Responsible for the people
Responsible for the planet
The environmental issue is addressed for all upstream impacts as for the processing stage. Lactalis Ingredients aims to limit its negative impact on the environment by reducing its carbon footprint and preserving water resources. Lactalis Group also encourages good animal husbandry practices in terms of the environment and animal welfare.
- The environmental issue is addressed for all upstream impacts as for the processing stage. Lactalis Ingredients aims to limit its negative impact on the environment by reducing its carbon footprint and preserving water resources. Lactalis Group also encourages good animal husbandry practices in terms of the environment and animal welfare.
- Lactalis Ingredients is committed to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions at the processing steps by 10% by 2025 by improving its energy mix and making greater use of renewable energies.
- The group is active on the upstream carbon footprint. In 2019, almost 95% of its breeders in France comply with the “CAP sur l’Avenir” charter on the environmental aspect.
- The company is committed to reducing its water consumption by 5% by 2025 and ensures the quality of the water discharged into the environment thanks to efficient water-treatment plants.
- The group has elaborated an animal welfare protection policy, adapted to the different farming methods in the countries where the milk is collected, based on the principles and “five freedoms” outlined by the O.I.E. (World Organisation for Animal Health). Today, almost 98% of breeders in France comply with the charter “CAP sur l’Avenir” on animal welfare criteria.
Responsible and enjoyable nutrition
Lactalis Ingredients is committed to ensuring food safety and promoting overall better nutrition.
- The company’s objective is to have 100% of its food factories certified FSSC 22000 by 2025.
- Lactalis Ingredients is developing partnerships with universities and laboratories to work on nutrition topics.
Responsible for the people
Men and women are at the heart of the social issues of Lactalis Ingredients and are in keeping with its family business model.
- Lactalis Ingredients is committed to maintaining health and safety at work by reducing the accident frequency rate to 16 in 2022.
- A managerial barometer is conducted every 3 years to assess the work-life quality. This barometer is the subject of an action plan.
- The company encourages the development of skills through training plans and by developing internal training.
- The integration of recruits and the training of young employees are priorities. On average, 60% of apprenticeships, placements, and work-study positions are converted into jobs each year.
To learn more about our approach and initiatives, please visit the “Our Commitments“ page on our website. There you will find a complete version of the Lactalis Ingredients 2019 CSR report for download.
*Corporate Social Responsibility
Share on LinkedIn